Your home is likely the largest purchase you'll ever make, and I want you to love where you live. Together we'll make sure you get more than you bargained for—and I mean that in the best way possible. Here's how.
7 steps to your Dream Home
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage. Mortgage pre-approval is one of the most important first steps to buying a home, because it identifies your price range. I have a list of trusted mortgage brokers if you would like a referral.
- Select a search area. If you don't have a neighbourhood in mind, it's time for a little adventure. I love playing tour guide—just ask! We can also keep your options open if you're more interested in a particular type of property than where it's located.
- Draw up your wish list. When we identify all the must-haves and nice-to-haves for your new home, the search is efficient and enjoyable. It's natural for the wish list to evolve over time, so I always stay open and listen as we work together.
- Start your quest. This is where the fun begins! I arrange appointments to see properties you like, working hard to put your schedule first. Coffee shop stops to debrief and strategize are on me.
- Make an offer. Once you've found “the one,” I conduct a detailed analysis of comparable properties and market trends so you can feel you're making an educated purchase decision. I also leverage this information to negotiate strongly for you.
- They say yes. Congratulations! When your offer has been accepted, it's usually conditional on financing and a building inspection, but we're prepared—your mortgage broker and home inspector are ready to go when we say so.
- Closing day and beyond. Closing is mostly between you and your lawyer, and I'm happy to help you find a seasoned professional to work with. After closing, count on me to check in. How are you settling in? If there's anything I can help with, just ask.