To sell your home quickly and for a good price requires a combination of honest evaluation and smart strategy. Here's my 7-step process.
7 steps to selling your home for the Best Price
- Tell your home's story. We'll gather all the facts, including location, age, square footage, lot size, room sizes and upgrades.
- Size up the competition. I analyze the current inventory in your neighbourhood—past, present and expected in the near future.
- Research the market. I look at the market context. How long are properties staying on the market? What are comparable properties selling for? What's in store for interest rates? All of these will influence our sales strategy.
- Set a smart price. I present all the findings from my market analysis and give you an opinion of your home's value based on fact so that you can set a price you're comfortable with.
- Go for the 'wow'. It's time to showcase your home's assets. I have a long list of trusted contractors who can help you complete any work you'd like done. I also offer each of my clients a free consultation with a certified staging professional.
- Get people in the door. I do a great job of telling your home's story in words and pictures in the places that matter—on MLS, realtor.ca, RE/MAX's websites and my own site. I also host inviting open houses for both realtors and the public.
- Track the action. Our RE/MAX brokerage has an Appointment Centre that notifies you of all showing requests and lets us know feedback from agents who have shown your home.